Please read all instructions before submitting your abstract for the State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium (SNCURCS). When you have read the instructions and are ready to submit your abstract, visit the Abstract Submission Page.
- Students are encouraged to complete the abstract submission with your mentor.
- There are three steps to complete submission:
- Complete the abstract submission form (you can preview the questions below)
- Your mentor will then be requested to review and approve your submission. The system email comes from Heather Christman via Smartsheet. You will be notified of your mentor’s response.
- You will then need to upload your presentation (including posters and videos) into Forager One between October 26th and November 4th. The upload information will be emailed to you once the site is open.
- Please double check your and your mentor’s email before submitting your application. Incorrect contact information will cause a delay in the approval process.
- If you have any questions regarding the Smartsheet form, please contact Heather Christman.
NOTE: We highly recommend that you prepare your abstract in a separate word processing program, such as Word, and cut and paste it into the abstract form. Please use the word count function to make sure your abstract is 250 words or less.
Preview of abstract questions:
- Presenter Information
- Presenter Name
- Co-Presenter Last Name, First Name (up to 3 Co-Investigators)
- Co-Presenter Email
- Institution Information
- Name of your institution
- Mentor Information
- Mentor Name
- Mentor Email
- Abstract Information
- Subject Area (you will choose from a list of areas)
- Presentation Type
- Oral (including Performances)
- Poster (including Exhibits)
- Title of your presentation
- An abstract is a concise paragraph summary of your research project or creative work totaling 250 words or less.