The following guidelines are provided for 2020 SNCURCS presenters. If you have any questions about video submissions, please reach out to the SNCURCS team by email.
Video Recording Guidelines and Suggestions
- Using your phone or video camera, record your video in landscape mode (sideways).
- You can record using your computer software or your mobile device.
- Poster and oral presentation videos are capped at 10 minutes.
- Performance, film, music or video production videos are capped at 20 minutes.
- Include a brief introduction including who you are, your class level and major, and which school you are representing.
- Example: Hi, I’m John Doe and I’m a junior majoring in chemistry at City College University.
- Focus your video on your research/creativity topic.
- For more information, visit our presentation guidelines.
Dressing for Your Video
- Business casual is the recommended dress code for your presentation video. Please be comfortable, but t-shirts and formal wear are not required.
Uploading to YouTube
Once you have recorded your video, videos should be uploaded to YouTube to provide viewers a link. Use the following directions to upload your video.
- Sign into YouTube Studio. You may need to create a Google account to upload.
- Once logged in, select upload video from the channel dashboard.
- Select the file you would like to upload from your computer or mobile device.
- Publish your video.
- Choose unlisted for your video’s privacy setting so that they do not appear in any public setting.
- Include your link in your presentation submission.