The following guidelines are provided for 2021 SNCURCS presenters. If you have any questions about video submissions, please reach out to the SNCURCS team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Recording Guidelines and Suggestions
- Using your phone or video camera, record your video in landscape mode (sideways).
- You can record using your computer software or your mobile device.
- Poster and oral presentation videos are capped at 10 minutes.
- Performance, film, music or video production videos are capped at 10 minutes.
- Include a brief introduction including who you are, your class level and major, and which school you are representing.
- Example: Hi, I’m John Doe and I’m a junior majoring in chemistry at City College University.
- Focus your video on your research/creativity topic.
- For more information, visit our presentation guidelines.
Dressing for Your Video
- Business casual is the recommended dress code for your presentation video. Please be comfortable, but t-shirts and formal wear are not required.
Uploading to YouTube
Once you have recorded your video, videos should be uploaded to YouTube to provide viewers a link. Use the following directions to upload your video.
- Sign into YouTube Studio. You may need to create a Google account to upload.
- Once logged in, select upload video from the channel dashboard.
- Select the file you would like to upload from your computer or mobile device.
- Publish your video.
- Choose unlisted for your video’s privacy setting so that they do not appear in any public setting.
- Include your link in your presentation submission.